Photography & Filming
Non-commercial photography &
filming that is deemed to benefit Ness Botanic Gardens- i.e.
by publicising its scientific work, its education activities,
events or its status as a visitor attraction - is free of
The following guidelines outline the service provided by the
Gardens and what is required from applicants in return.
1. An itinerary must be submitted before any
photography in the Gardens is agreed. Location, plant or interview
specifics and an accurate estimate of timing must
be included. This allows us to arrange access to the required areas
and make sure that everything is in place
2. Due to the size and diversity of the site we strongly
recommend that you do a recce before submitting your
3. A location release must be signed by us at
the stage of a recce. A copy of your insurance
agreement must also be supplied.
4. Once your proposal has been accepted by us it must be adhered
to. Additional time may be offered at our discretion.
5. No vehicles are allowed into the Gardens. We
therefore advise that you bring a trolley to transport your
equipment around the Gardens.
6. It is Ness's policy that press photographers are
accompanied at all times whilst in the Gardens. Your
filming is dependent upon staff being available.
7. It is your responsibility to supply personal/parental
release forms and obtain signatures prior to photography.
If prior consent is not gained in the form of a signed document, no
photography will be possible.
8. Ness is a visitor attraction and our visitors expect a
quiet and peaceful environment. We ask that you
respect this and discourage interaction with the public. It is
essential that you consult us if you intend to interact with the
public, and if we give prior agreement that personal/parental
permission is gained.
To organise a press visit, or to find out more please
Zoe Chapman t. 07525 6118153 e. email@example.com