Self Guided Visits
Some schools plan and organise their own activities at Ness
Botanic Gardens, under the supervision of their accompanying
teacher. They may use a pre-booked room for further
study/follow-up/indoor work, please specify at the time of booking
if tables are required.
Schools usually leave about 2.30pm, but are welcome to stay
Popular self-guided activities:
- Artwork - gaining inspiration and sketching/ drawing/ 3D
- Photography - using Ipod/Ipad/Digital Cameras (please bring
your own) - to capture images for art projects/ Literacy links such
as e.g. diary writing/ report writing/ digital book creation/blogs
to be designed back at school. (Please not that Ness Botanic
Gardens cannot take responsibility/ be liable for valuables brought
- Note taking for story/poetry writing or research for creative
writing at school - using the senses involved when experiencing the
delights of the garden
- Map reading - geography skills - Ness Botanic Gardens can send
a sketch map of the garden for you to copy for the children to use.
Please ask at the time of booking, or you can obtain one copy from
the Visitor Centre on the day of your visit
- Keeping Fit - bring some (non-ball) games to play outside.
information and how to book