Days out at Ness Gardens
With 64 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and
natural countryside Ness Botanic Gardens has room to relax in
peaceful tranquility and play in the wide open spaces, making it
the perfect day out for all the family.
Lots of free parking, easy paths for travelling round with
buggies or wheelchairs, bring a picnic or enjoy the Garden Kitchen
cafe for that all needed cuppa, meal, snack or ice-cream. There is
also our gift shop and plant sales area to take a part of Ness home
We are open 7 days a week with the exception of the Christmas
Holidays with the gardens staying open until dusk from March to
October (last entry 5pm).
Children under 5 go free!
Family day tickets (upto two adults & three children) are
only £20 with 50% discount for staff and students of the University
Or if you are planning to come more then 2-3 times a year (and
we think you will!) why not join the Friends of Ness Gardens?
memberships start from £38 and you can enjoy free access all
Families tell us that they love:
- Our rescued chickens
- The play area with a brilliant climbing frame
- Toy Tractors for having a drive
- Space to play and enjoy picnics
- Hidden corners like Woodhenge with spectacular views
and Little Overdale home to Snowdrop the Fairy
- Wildlife-tastic areas like WilderNess with the enormous
- Many Sculptures to discover like Super Steggy a
LambBanana cousin and pink Art Shed
- Grass Labyrinth for that all important run around
- Family Fun Trails for every season
- Half-term, Easter, Christmas and Summer Holiday activities -
fun and educational - toddlers to teenagers
- Dog-free environment
- Family Friendly Cafe.
- Childrens tree trail (download here or pick up a copy at the