Categories & Prizes
There are three categories for
adults (18 or over on the competition entry date).
- Plants: A plant (tree, shrub or flower) either singly or in a
group of the same plant, or a close-up taken at Ness Botanic
- Gardens: A landscape photograph taken at Ness Botanic
- Wildlife: Animals, insects, birds or fungi taken at Ness
You may enter as many photographs as you wish in any of the
There are two categories for
- Children under the age of 10.
- Young photographers between the ages of 10 and 17.
A maximum of three photos taken at Ness, can be entered
depicting something plant, garden or wildlife-related that
Selected from all the categories including Young Photographer,
the overall winner will be awarded:
- Ness Photographer of the
- Receive a year's membership of the Friends of Ness Gardens
- A day with the Art in the Garden's professional
photographer Michael Turner
- and a signed wildlife print by award winning wildlife
photographer Lesley Wood.
The adult category winners will receive:
- a year's membership of the Friends of Ness Gardens allowing
free access to the Gardens.
The prizes for the Young Photographer categories are:
- a one to one session with professional wildlife photographer
- and a signed wildlife fine art print.
All winners will be invited to an awards ceremony at Ness
Botanic Gardens and the winning photographs (and a selection of the
runner's ups) will be displayed at Ness before being shown at an
exhibition in Liverpool (dates for each to be confirmed).
to Photography Competition main page