Scattering of Ashes
It is not uncommon for someone's last wish
to involve having their ashes scattered in a favourite or
Scattering of ashes is permitted at Ness subject
Please contact Diana Russell or Jen
Lemon-Parkins on 0151 795 6300 for futher information.
See below our guidelines:
- There are specific sites within the grounds for scattering
- Discretion in spreading the ashes is the most important
element. We feel it is important that this is a private
moment, and that care is given not to disturb other visitors and
- No markers, displays or plaques may be placed in the
- Ashes must be evenly scattered over the chosen area
- Ashes may not be scattered in any water features
- Areas where ashes are spread may be developed in the
- We suggest early in the morning before the gardens are open to
the public or late afternoon as a good time of day for your
- It is not permitted to scatter ashes at Ness without prior
approval. Ashes scattered without permission will be removed.
Due to oversubscription benches and tree dedications are
temporarily suspended. We anticipate offering this again
in the near future.