Why your membership matters
As a Friend your invaluable support will help the Gardens to
grow, develop, educate and enchant. Here's how....
- As we celebrate our Golden Anniversary year, the Friends of
Ness Gardens have given over £2.1 million worth of support and
grants to the Gardens since 1962.
- In celebration of our anniversary we are funding a new
display garden 'Making Waves' at Ness as well as a show garden
'Taste of Ness' at the RHS Flower Show at Tatton Park (18th to 22nd
July), both designed by local garden designer Pip Probert.
- Whilst the funding of the RHS Tatton Flower Show garden and the
display garden at Ness is a unique opportunity to announce and
celebrate our anniversary, an aim is to raise £50,000 to support
the Potting Shed project.
- In 2012 projects supported will include the appointment of
placements funded through the Ken Hulme Student Bursary,
improvements to the Terrace, development of the Pine Wood area and
equipment to assist with better composting of garden waste.
- Past projects supported by the Friends include the recent
installation of Chris Beardshaw's award-winning garden Ness
Botanische and the restoration of The Pingo waterfall.
- 80p out of every £1.00 of subscriptions is donated to the
University of Liverpool to support the general maintenance of the
- The remaining 20p contributes towards substantial grants to the
Gardens, and also funds the Friends' administration and event